We know the art world, and one of the most important things collectors and curators value is privacy and security online. From the outset, we have made this our highest priority.
The Vastari system sets itself apart by providing all members with the highest modern standards of security and privacy:
- Vastari restricts access to collection information between the Private Collector Members. Only approved museums and curators (Institutional Members) are able to see what Private Collectors upload to “My Collection.”
- Vastari offers multiple levels of privacy catered to your needs. If necessary, your name and all personal data may remain anonymous. Additionally, Vastari does not store any personal data and/or card details on the portal.
- Vastari never shares your personal data. Uploaded collections do not appear in other online search engines. If you only wish to use Vastari for collection management and digitisation rather than its networking features, you can “Hide” your collection from the Vastari searches by verified and approved museum professionals.
- Vastari employs a PCI-compliant, SSL-encrypted hosting service of equal standards to those used by financial institutions and the health sector. All the contents and the processes of the site are also SSL-encrypted.
(Note: As long as you keep your password safe, all of your information will remain securely encrypted. If you think someone might have access to your password, please change it immediately. Standard practice recommends you change your password every 3-4 months.)
- Vastari maintains a close relationship with The Art Loss Register.
As a collector, you may wish to check that your items have never been registered as lost, missing, fake or stolen. There are multiple resources out there to help you check that there is no dispute with the items you own.
At Vastari, we have a relationship with the Art Loss Register database. Please visit www.artloss.com for details on how to search The Art Loss Register with items from your collection.
Vastari premium members receive searches on the Art Loss Register for a discounted rate. For more information please contact our team.